Saturday, May 12, 2007

He Remembered.....

Every day as I take John David to school we have our little routine we follow. We review memory verses or poems he has to know, we go over the rules he needs to follow, we pray and then we give hugs and kisses. By then we are there and he gets out. I'm always sad as he excitedly runs down the sidewalk to the door until he turns and smiles real big at me, waves, and hollers, "Bye!!!" It always makes me smile as I drive back home by myself.

On Thursday he forgot to turn around and say bye. I was so sad and thought about how he was growing up and wouldn't do sweet little boy things like that as much. I wiped away a few tears and went on with my day. Yesterday, after we did all the things we always do during our drive to school, he got out and began to run up the walk. I watched and waited for him to turn around but he kept going. I dejectedly put the car in drive and started to pull away when I heard his little voice call out, "Mommy!" I stopped and looked over and there he was running back and smiling his sweet smile, waving, and saying, "Bye!" Oh, I felt so good. My baby will be my baby for a little bit longer after all.......

No comments:

Post a Comment