Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Random Things About Me

  • I can't dance. Please do not ask for a demonstration. You'll be sorry if you do.
  • I hallucinate at night - gigantic grasshoppers and spiders, people attacking me, children spilling things, you name it. I think my husband is amused.
  • Goosebumps are quite common for me - I get them when I'm cold, when I need a shower, or if I need to go to the bathroom.
  • I am hopelessly addicted to Dr Pepper. And ice cream. And milkshakes. And sweet tea. And.....oh man, I've got a problem here.....
  • Bottoms of shoes freak me out. Don't even think about putting yours near me.
  • I've given birth four times - once with an epidural, once totally natural, once as an emergency c-section, and once as a scheduled c-section. I should have one more so I can have a home birth! JK.
  • I absolutely adore little baby and kid hineys!
  • I love to play the piano. I'm a decent player now, but used to be pretty good. A mommy of four doesn't get much opportunity to practice.
  • I aspire to be a great cook one day. I'm not doing anything to achieve this goal other than cooking for my family of 6. I figure this particular goal will eventually be met on its own.
  • I have very long toes and the second is the longest. MY husband doesn't let me forget it either.
  • I have eaten snake, octopus, alligator, frog, duck, lamb, shark, deer, buffalo, and quail. Tastes like chicken! Ha!
  • My feet grow every time I have a baby. If I had as many kids as Michelle Duggar and my feet continued the same growth pattern, I would wear a size 17 1/2!
  • I love watching LOST, American Idol, Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, Law and Order, CSI, John & Kate Plus 8, Yes Dear, Everybody Loves Raymond...."There's not enough time, there's not enough time!" (as Jessie Spano would say)
  • I very much dislike brushing my teeth at night. My husband pushes me out of the bed if I haven't though so I usually do.
  • My heart beats faster when I go into a second hand shop for kids. The thrill of the hunt is so great!
  • I used to have a red convertible. A drunk driver hit us and totaled it though.
  • I lived with my in-laws for a year and survived. In fact, it was kind of nice!
  • I do not like chick flicks. I prefer intense, suspenseful, or scary.
  • My husband and I missed our flight for our honeymoon to Hawaii. If you know my husband, this is no surprise.
  • I cannot handle hearing someone eat. It absolutely makes me crazy. Smacking, slurping, loud swallowing, crunching. I'm cringing just typing it!
  • I'm terrified of escalators. (yes, there's a story there - maybe one day I'll post it.)

5 comments:

  1. i'm glad to hear your husband cares so much for your dental hygiene! ;-) you should thank him for the fact you've only had one cavity thus far! that's impressive! thanks for stopping by my page!
    your kids are gorgeous, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try grog, but was always afraid it would make me sick.

    I knew most of these things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently a fan of "Saved By The Bell", too! Say it loud & proud! I'm 32 and will STILL watch it! And I remember the episode you're talking about (sad, huh?)

    My husband & I were just talking about the sound of people eating. We both *shudder* at the thought...

    Ooh, snake. Um, yeah....NO! Blecchh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to people with long second toes... It's the way it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you missed your flight to Hawaii. And no, I'm not really surprised at that. Haha. I've missed a few flights with your husband as well.

    ReplyDelete