Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Who's LaLa?

My real name is Lori, but here in blogworld it's usually La or Lala. I have my little brother to thank for that name.

It's a lot of pressure to summarize who you are in a few paragraphs, you know.......

I'm a 31 year old stay at home mom of four kids. My blog is often full of things about them since they are, after all, my life. I've been married - quite happily! - for 11 years now, but don't worry, we're still "just friends" (apparently with benefits).

I've lived in Texas, Arizona, California, and currently Indiana. Mostly Texas though. My family is from the Dallas area, but once I got married we headed out west where we were youth pastors for seven years. After that my husband continued with more schooling and taught LSAT prep classes. Now he's a law student at Notre Dame and we're doing the poor student thing for a while longer!

I spend my days taking care of my kids, cleaning, cooking, spending time with my husband, and blogging - in no particular order. I am not a super outgoing person and I really don't like parties or other loud places. I'd almost always rather be at home. I'm particular and opinionated, sweet and silly, and cranky when I'm tired. I don't like talking on the phone very much, but I love to email. I love clearance racks, second hand stores, rainy days, fajitas at Pappasitos, down comforters, steamy hot showers, blue jeans, desserts before bedtime, and sleeping in. And I love my family!

I'm a child of God and trying to grow closer to Him. I'm not where I thought I'd be by this age, but that's okay. I'm learning a little more every day and trying my best to be more like Him and less like me.

So that's LaLa in a nutshell, I guess. Thanks for reading my blog! I hope you'll stick around......

3 comments:

  1. HA! Pot roast and mashed potatoes...MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE MEAL OF ALL TIME, THANK YOU!! And I totally hear ya on being cranky when tired..and clearance racks? Um, hell-o! My second home!!! Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy learning more about you, my dear cousin! And I guess some of these things run in families as we are similar in many ways :)

    ReplyDelete