Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A REAL Snow Day






My last post was titled "Snow Day", but today was even better. It snowed all day yesterday and when we woke up today everything was white! School was originally delayed until 10:00 but we later got a call from John David's teacher letting us know that school was cancelled. We also just found out that church tonight is cancelled too. My friend earlier said they only got about 2 blocks from home before they had to turn around because of all the ice. I'm glad we went to Walmart last night for more milk! =)

When Aulora went down for her nap, I bundled the kids up and we headed outside to play. They were very excited about making snowballs and running around. We were only out there a few minutes before they wanted to go back inside. John David went in first. I thought he was staying in the den while I got Julia but the next thing I knew he was hysterically crying. He had gone straight to the kitchen without even taking off his shoes. His shoes were snow-covered so he slippped and fell flat on his back. It scared him so much he even wet his pants! Poor little guy. So then he was hollering that his hands hurt, his pants were wet, and his head hurt too. If you know John David then you know this was quite a scene. I finally got his clothes off and put him in the warm shower. All is good and calm now. What a morning!

John's flight to Houston to preach for the youth rally has been delayed for now too so we're all happy at home for now. How very nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment