Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Waffles...and My Son

John David loves to eat.

All the time.

The end.



Just kidding. There's more. But that could very well be a post on it's own, because the boy does love to eat so much. This morning he passed over the cereal and toast that everyone else was having and decided to make some waffles in the toaster. I went into the kitchen for something and noticed that he poured syrup first and then smeared on some butter. So already he was demonstrating a rather poor sense of order. I let it go until he was moving to put the syrupy, buttery knife back into the butter container.

Baby, that's gross. Please don't.

Why is that gross??

It just is. Don't.

I went out of the kitchen. The next time I came back in it got better.

I forgot to put one of my waffles in the toaster.

Are you eating it frozen?

No. I went ahead and put it in the toaster.

With the syrup and butter all over it??

Yes, wh---Ohhhhhh. Oops......

So my 12 year old toaster (we got it as a wedding present!) now has a pool of syrup and butter at the bottom of it.

I just love boys.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Noooooo!! Is this what I have to look forward to?! Noooooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I was almost ready to give him the benefit of the doubt. I was thinking...hmmm, well, if the syrup is warm also, then it might make the butter easier to spread....but, no. The moment's passed. ;)

    ReplyDelete