Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Julia's 9th Birthday Party

The Cake

Licking the icing off the candles and decorations

We served lasagna, salad, and breadsticks - Julia's favorite!

Lots of games for "The Sock Monkey Olympics"!

Yum yum! Gran made the food!

Another game - using spaghetti, see how many penne noodles you can get in your cup before time runs out!

Good thing they were all friends - we had to share chairs!

There were friends from Classical Conversations

and friends from church too.

Gran had the job of cutting the cake. Can you tell?

I was there! I was there! =)

Joshua is a boy, but we still let him come.

There were presents galore! Natalia made Julia smile with all of this Littlest Pet Shop stuff!

Gabby gave Julia a really neat geode! 

A gift card to Justice never hurts

Lots of fun things, including a picture album

This was the Sock Monkey Olympics board. After each game the winner's name was written in. Then all the winners competed in the final challenge - Banana Chop. Halie won!

These were the party favors. I found the buckets at Target and then hot glued a sock monkey on the lid. All that was left was to fill them with candy. We stacked them all up on the entry way table.

Julia, you are so beautiful! I still can't believe I get to raise my own sweet girl! Every day you are becoming more thoughtful and helpful, creative and funny. You are smart and sweet, cuddly and lovable. Daddy and I adore you! I love you forever. I like you for always. As long as I'm living, my Julia you'll be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment