Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Funny Memory



Yesterday, I took Julia to McDonalds for a Happy Meal (John David was at a Bible Quiz meet with John). While we were there I saw the signs for the monopoly game that is going on right now. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I remembered our own family's experience playing that game.

When I was in 6th grade we lived in Irving, Texas. My mom LOVES games and the McDonald's Monopoly game was no exception. I remember driving through every McDonald's within a 50 mile radius of our house in order to get as many game pieces from various locations as possible! Hashbrowns in the morning had a gamepiece and drinks and large fries had them in the afternoon after school. People probably think I'm kidding but we really did drive all over the place just for this game.

One day when we ordered, Mom pulled over in the parking lot so we could look at our new pieces and see if we had any monopolies yet. We had several we were working on, one of which was the green set. We were only missing Pennsylvania. I tore back the gamepiece and lo and behold there was Pennsylvania! We were hooting and hollering so loud! One of us spilled a coke all over the floor of the van and when we started to clean it up mom just said, "Don't worry about it! We'll just buy a new car!!!" Well, smart one that she is, Biggie decided she better check the rules once more before we all went in McDonald's like crazy people. Good thing she did because it turned out that we actually had Pennsylvania Railroad. =( It was ok though - driving a coke-stained van wasn't too bad. And what a fun memory we made!

No comments:

Post a Comment