Saturday, May 04, 2013

He Did It!


We are extremely proud of John David! A few weeks ago he finished memorizing the entire book of Matthew! He came and stood by me as he memorized the final verse (which was in chapter 27 since he had already done 28 earlier on). It was an amazing feeling. He has worked incredibly hard this year (and let's be honest - so have we!) and has invested hours upon hours of time. It's not only the time it takes to memorize the verses (that's actually the easy part), but the time spent quoting the chapters so he doesn't forget them. We try to quote through everything twice each week. 

There are many times we can hear friends playing outside while he is diligently working. No, he hasn't always wanted to do this, but he has been obedient and followed through. I know God's blessings are on him because of this. 

I can't imagine the things God will have him do in his lifetime. I know he is my own kid, but I am blown away! We don't go around bragging freely about his achievement, but since this is my blog I took the liberty. =)

1 comment: