Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Down to Two

Have I mentioned that the two baby monkeys are with their grandparents for the week? THE WEEK? I haven't had just John David and Julia since before Aulora was born!

First off, I just have to say that all of you mommas with only two kids, well, quit the complaining! Just kidding. ;) But seriously, going from four down to two is a huge deal. Especially when it's the babies that are gone. I would sooo be having a vacation this week if not for that stupid Piece of a house that will apparently NEVER be done! (I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.)

I'm taking them tomorrow evening to Dallas to meet up with John for the weekend. We're really excited about this little mini-vacation of sorts. Daddy is off Friday but then he works from 9-6 on Saturday and Sunday so he won't be with us the whole time. We just figured we might as well use that nice hotel room that he was going to have anyway!

We're planning to see my grandma while we're there and then some other things we're thinking about are:

  • seeing the King Tut exhibit (John really wants to do this!)
  • going to the movies (Bolt maybe?)
  • Rain Forest Cafe
  • Model Train exhibit
  • Underground Dallas
  • Eat at Reunion Tower (that's the ball in downtown Dallas)
  • see a show at the Omni Theater
  • eat at Pappasitos!
Any suggestions from anyone else? I really want to make the most of this time with just the older two. This is pretty rare!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like fun... =)

    diamond really misses you. during piano practice one day, she mentioned how she wished ms. la was still her piano teacher. just wanted to let you know that!

    ReplyDelete