Thursday, May 06, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Treat

Every day this week we've had a different theme for what to take to the teachers. Monday was a special lunch we hosted (complete with massages for the teachers!), Tuesday was flower day, and Wednesday was sweet day.

I made these brownies (You will hate me forever for giving you this recipe because they are so easy to make and so stinkin' good!) I then had to figure out had to package them to look cute.


Do you know about howdoesshe.com? It's a great site! And it's where I got the free printable treat topper I used.


Here's the link if you want to use it or save it for later. All I did was put the best brownies ever in ziplock bags and then I put the card stock topper on there and stapled it. The kids signed their names on the back and delivered them to their teachers, who by now have surely gained 20 pounds each from all the candy and sweets they were brought. (I know I would have anyway!)


And just to make things easier, here's the brownie recipe from Lindsey's blog from the link above. =)

2 c. sugar
1 c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 c. cocoa
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
dash cinnamon

Mix ingredients and bake in greased pan at 350 for 30-35 minutes.


* I think it works best to make them in a 9x13 pan lined in foil that you spray with Pam. Once they've cooled somewhat, lift the brownies out with the foil and fold the foil down on the sides and cut them with a plastic knife. They will be perfect thin brownie squares. You will probably also have to bake them closer to 35-40 minutes. Trust me - I've made them lots of times and have mastered this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment