Wednesday, April 12, 2006

John David at The Rink


I just had to write about this wonderful memory! Last Thursday night, we had a fun night at The Rink (our entertainment complex here) for our Kids' Church workers and The Krew. Julia stayed at home with John since she had been sick, and John David went with me. This was the same place where we tried to play lazer tag for his birthday and they were understaffed and wouldn't let us. He was soooo excited when he realized where we were going!

First we played lazer tag. How fun! He was able to wear a vest and have his own lazer gun to shoot. Even though he didn't score even 1 point, he went on and on about how great he did and how he was the winner. I just smiled and agreed.

After lazer tag, we skated. We tried to anyway! I hadn't skated since I was a kid and John David had never skated before. At first I tried to help him around the rink but that wasn't working too well since I needed help myself! Some of the teenagers came and started helping him. He never quite got the hang of it and decided to ditch the skates and jump in the bounce house instead. =)

Finally, we rode the go karts. John David and I rode in a 2 seater car together and we had so much fun trying to beat everyone. Since the track was circular, he just always thought we were winning. When it was over he declared our car the winner. What a confident little guy.

The night ended with a big hotdog and promises to come back and play at The Rink again really soon. What a wonderful night of fun with my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment