Tuesday, April 18, 2006

We survived!


I'm happy to report that we survived Easter weekend. I can't wait for the day when Easter or Christmas means time to slow down and celebrate these special days in more meaningful ways with our family. In our current positions, holidays mean an extra crazy schedule and helping other families celebrate at church. Saturday was our community egg hunt and everything went great. We were able to present the gospel in a super cool way that I'm sure no one there had ever seen before. I'll post pictures of that outreach later. Friday night I never even went to sleep because we didn't get home from working at the church until 5 in the morning and I still had so much on my mind. I just decided to stay up and keep preparing. We had about 300 people there and lots of fun! Easter Sunday morning also went great. I got to pie Steve in the face so that was a first for me and him. =) It was great to lead little kids in worship to Jesus on such a special day. There were parents at the door waiting for our service to be over. I didn't feel bad making them wait a few minutes while the kids were worshiping. We wait for the adults plenty of Sundays.

Sunday evening, after a wonderful nap, we went to the Garcia's house for dinner and an egg hunt. It was a great night and the kids had a lot of fun too. We had a blast with the cascerones and we are still combing the confetti out of our hair even today!

The next morning, before I got up, the kids found their Easter baskets from the Easter bunny (Delana). They thought it was lots of fun to throw the grass all over the floor. It was not in heaps, but rather strode out piece by piece. What a mess! But they had fun, I guess. =)

Last night, out of the blue, John David's arms started stinging really bad from his eczema. He was hollering so loud! I took him to the bathroom and put some lotion on them and stood him in from of the fan. He was still screaming. I carried him to bed and tried to calm him down. He hollered for me to pray for him quick. So I did, and he kept screaming. He started hitting his arms and yelling at them," Stop hurting me! You're making me cry! You're making me be a big cry baby!" He was so serious and in so much pain but it was so funny. He finally calmed down after I read him a story and then John and I both laughed with him about what a funny guy he is. It does break my heart that his arms are so bad and now even his eyes. We have some medicine but it doesn't seem to work. =(

Oh, one more funny John David story before I forget. A couple of weeks ago we were in the living room along with Steve, Eowyn, and L.C. (one of our youth leaders). John David went over to L.C. and asked him, "L.C., do you have sex?" The room got really quiet and we all thought maybe he said six. I asked him what he said and he said it again just as clear. L.C. kind of looked at us and then back at John David and said, "No, John David, I don't have sex." The room was still quiet except for everyone trying not to laugh. John still sat there in shock and didn't say anything. I had to tell him to say something to John David. Then he took him aside and talked to him. Apparently he heard that question on "Yes, Dear" the sitcom when Steve was watching it earlier that day. Aren't we in for lots of fun??? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment