Sunday, April 09, 2006

Wow, I'm good!

I'm glad to see that my very first post worked without any problems. I needed a little lift like that today! =) I read some good advice yesterday and I'm glad I did because it came in very handy today. The advice was, "Never resign on Monday." I've been telling myself that alot today and it's not even Monday yet! If I look at the big picture, our Impact service actually went really well today. The little stuff just really gets me sometimes. Stuff like disruptive kids (REALLY disruptive and rough) and distractions during the message (An 8 year old boy we have is down syndrome and does really well except that apparently he can't "wipe" himself after using the restroom. He went to the restroom and ended up having to go home because there was poo all over him. This happened during the message.) Or how about not having your key leader not knowing about it in advance? Cool, huh? All this is not a good way to start the week of our egg hunt outreach! I'm still confident it will rock, though!

For lunch we came home and ate sandwiches so we would have time to rest a little before heading back to the church. Human video practice was at 3:00 so John is long gone. I'm leaving with the kids in just a little while for JBQ. Can't wait to play some of the fun games we have for tonight!

Tomorrow we're going to go take some nice family pictures. Hopefully everyone will cooperate and we'll have some nice portraits to show for all our work getting dressed and combing our hair! And let's pray for NO wind!

Changing the subject totally.....new on my random wishlist is a pc game called "The Movies". It's about $30 at Walmart so I'm hoping to buy it soon. With this game I can easily make my own cartoons. My brain goes wild with the endless possibilities!

This morning during the service, the Bible Quizzers all presented John with a gift certificate to a Japenese steakhouse here in town and a night of babysitting for the kids so we can have some time alone. How wonderful is that??? His team won 1st place at district yesterday - Steve took 1st individual, Eowyn 4th, and even Kansas scored 15 or 20 a game! Yea team!

I should end this post now and go get ready for JBQ now. There's just so much to say when you first start your very own blog! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment