Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Don't Soak the Shredded Wheat

Last week, after The Lift (our youth service), John and I had fun rehashing the night's successes and failures. Overall, things have been going great on Wednesday nights - good turnouts, great p&w, funny series called "Nacho Sueno" featuring some nacho libres in a wrestling ring, and great preaching. But we have yet to master the game. About a month ago I gave John a list of funny games and instructions so he didn't have to come up with them for awhile. Well, after several weeks of somewhat botched games, I will be doing the game tonight. As soon as I saw the 2 girls hurling handfuls of soggy shredded wheat across the youth room I knew I would be volunteering to take over the games.

We also decided we should write a book on how not to do games titled, "Don't Soak the Shredded Wheat". Or "Burning Hot Oatmeal: It's Just Not Cool". Or "Apples, & Onions, & Spam, Oh My!" Take your pick.....

I'll let you know how the game goes. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment