Friday, November 13, 2009

The Costume Boxes

Before moving from West Texas, we kept all the kids' costumes in big trunks in the house. They loved dressing up all the time and if any friends came ever, I knew the content of the trunks would be completely emptied out. Every time. Which meant massive amounts of beaded necklaces and lots of loose feathers that had fallen off the feather boas.

Of course when we moved so much of our stuff had to go to storage for a good while, including the costumes. I've since found better uses for the trunks and now the costumes reside in the garage in boxes.

Until the week of Halloween. I brought them in and put them in the den. I think those kids had them emptied in 2 minutes flat. They tried everything on multiple times and had the best evening.



This is only part of it!


Julia was Bullseye (yea Toy Story!!!) and Aulora was some sort of poodle ballerina princess, I think.


Then they decided to put on a show in the living room. They set out chairs for the audience and had rehearsals. It was adorable.


Of course, they had to curtsy at the end. (Check out those pink cowgirl boots!)


I'm happy to report that the costume boxes are back in the garage now and my den can breathe again......


No comments:

Post a Comment