Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My First

I think I'm officially growing up this week.

That's right. I'm married. I've got four kids. A mini van. A mortgage.

But I'll finally grow up this week.

Because I'm cooking all of the Thanksgiving dinner. By myself. All of it. Alone. No help. (Breathe!)

I'll start the cooking today, because I think that's what I'm supposed to do in order to eat before midnight tomorrow.

My parents are flying in and driving over from Chicago tomorrow afternoon to join us. And my lovely husband invited a friend from school to come too. I hope nobody has very high expectations!

Today I have errands to run, a little one that probably has to go see a doctor, and for sure a library trip is in order to borrow plenty of movies to entertain all the monkeys while I try to not ruin our Thanksgiving! This should be fun! (I think I may add to my to do list: "Compile list of restaurants open on 11-26")

My mom gave me a wonderful mixer for an early Christmas present so I'm pretty excited about using that. All I've ever had is the little $5 hand mixer from Walmart. I told you - I'm growing up!

Is anyone else cooking for the first time?

Happy Thanksgiving to all.....



2 comments:

  1. Yah for you! I hope it all goes smoothly. I'm making a turkey for the first time but MIL insists on bringing all the fixings. It's going to be TONS of food for our small group. I'll mail you the leftovers if you need some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me! i'm cooking for the first time, alone too. alot of firsts for me this year. we're having some friends over and that's about it, but still...pressure! yikes! good luck to you. i'm sure it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete