Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Half Way Done

We're here, kind of. I think we're more than half way done with the move. We still have to go back home to get the rest of our things and clean the house, but most of our stuff has been moved.

Living in a 2 story house with a 13 month old is NOT fun! =) Baby gates are useless because of the design of the stairs and railings so we've tried things like big chairs and stuff, but she's too smart. Nothing has worked so far so I have to constantly keep an eye on her. And of course, the stairs are what she wants. She can go up just fine, but the problem is she can't go down on her own. So I can assure you that I will never buy a 2 story house for ourselves.

John David loves his new school and I've been very impressed with it so far too. His teacher is very organized and the curriculum seems to be a little more aggressive which I like. I'm so embarrassed to admit that I had to ask John for help when I was helping John David with his homework. Isn't that just sad? Some of the directions just weren't very explicit. Apparently, the type of stuff he was working on is something girls typically have a harder time with than boys. Hmmmm. Maybe so. John David understood much faster than I did. What really tripped me up was how many "faces" a pyramid has. You don't see the whole thing, only part of it. In my mind, I thought it would have 3 sides, plus the bottom. But no, it has 4 sides plus the bottom, giving it a total of 5 faces. This fact was very obvious to even my 7 year old, so why did I not get it? Can I blame it on being pregnant?

Julia gets to go to preschool 2 times a week from 9-2 and she loves it. I'm really glad she finally gets to do that. She's been waiting for school a long time. Poor Aulora gets bored with no one to play with. I guess that's why she likes the stairs so much.

I found a hair bow shop today that all of you mommies of little girls would go crazy over. Super prices and a huge selection. They even do custom stuff on the spot if you bring them an outfit. My new banker let me in on that secret. I never even found a place this great in Dallas!

That's it for now. When things get settled down some, hopefully I'll get back in the groove of posting often......

6 comments:

  1. YAY! YAY! YAY!
    You answered most of the looming questions I have had.
    I have been dying to find out how JD likes his new school.
    How did Julia's birthday go?
    How's the new pad? I guess bigger isn't always better. At least when you're talking 1-story vs. 2-story.
    I can't even imagine the time you're having trying to keep her off the stairs.
    It probably won't take her long to master them though.
    I am embarrassed to tell you how many times I have checked your blog this last week - just to see how you're doing.
    So would a trip to see you tomorrow stress you out?
    I miss you, my friend.
    no - 'miss' doesn't really capture it.
    I more than miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can blame everything and anything on pregnancy. That's my philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. It's the pregnancy and then it's having a baby and then it's having had FOUR children. I could go on.

    Glad to hear things are going well. You are missed already. You are most certainly a person who's shoes are going to be hard to fill. Missing You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's more than pregnancy... I think it's years of sleep depravation due to having children. Glad you are settling a little. When you get settled, I may 'pop' in or maybe we can meet at a halfway point for dinner or something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad all is well...

    here's a toddler & 2-story stair tip: teach them to back down the way the came up. yep. they go down backwards. TJ has quite mastered the technique and just slides right down when he's in a hurry. and I don't have to worry about him falling cuz he's already in the correct position. (Most houses in the north are 2 story) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like so much fun! JD school is very advanced! Wow a pyramid and having to guess how many sides it has. I bet Julia will make friends so easily.
    This hair bow shop. I think we should all make a trip and make it a hair bow day!
    I am so thankful for this blog!

    ReplyDelete