Friday, November 16, 2007

So Much and Still Nothing

There's so much going on and so much change, but I still feel like I have nothing worth taking the time to post. All the goings on are mundane - things like unpacking, making phone calls, canceling accounts, finding new doctors, doing laundry, homework, and housework, and the list goes on.

Today is grandparents' day at John David's school so all day long at least one of his grandparents will be with him. They were having donuts for breakfast (yea! that should be great for his behavior!) and then going to chapel and later on having a catered lunch. His grandma was very proud to be going with him and I think he will be equally as proud. He's had a happy face 3 days in a row so he's doing well. I don't think he liked his punishment on Monday when his behavior was less than happy face worthy, to say the least.

Aulora is settling in and seeming much happier now. She doesn't get mad when we go upstairs and close doors to keep her from going down. She's not afraid of the dogs anymore, even when they bark. She gets right in their faces and has learned to say "dog". If they try to get her snack from her highchair, she points at them and says, "No dog!" She also figured out how to say "Julia", "Bubba", and "Mamma". Do you know how long I've waited for her to say my name? She started saying "Da" and "Dada" months ago. I was smiling so big when she said my name!

Julia and I are going to make blueberry muffins today. (Kylah's blog spurred this thought.) I had to promise her something to do so she wouldn't cry when her grandma went with John David to school. It worked great and it was our special girl secret. She delights in having secrets from her brother, although she tells him sometimes so she's not too trustworthy yet.

My family is coming here for Thanksgiving next week! It's going to be one big dinner! I'm not sure yet if we're doing any black Friday shopping yet. Last year was so awful and I'm don't know if I've recovered yet. We are closing on our house on Monday though and I'll have some money for Christmas shopping. So tempting......

My cousin's cousin, who is also the sister of my friend here in WF, just won Emeril's stuffing contest on Good Morning America this morning. It was so cool to watch her and her sister on tv. They got to fly to New York for the show where the winner was announced. Her name is Holly and she did so great! So if you happened to catch the show this morning, you got to see my new friend, Jennifer, standing beside her sister.

That's all I've got. Really.....

(I guess I had some things to post after all. Whether or not they were interesting at all, I don't know. Sorry........)

6 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad to see that things are finding normalcy. Sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I'm going to see where we are with the possibility of meeting up... Just be forewarned. We may have to wait till after New Years Day, but you won't be able to hold me off much after that. (*wink*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year was the first and LAST time for me to try the day after Thanksgiving sales. Just not worth it, even for a cheapy like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad everyone's settling in! so do you know for absolute sure that the baby's going to be a boy yet? i haven't heard so I was just wondering... :)

    ps - have ya'll had a chances to see Steven yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have figured out the key to after thanksgiving day sales....A Baby Sitter. We had the best time and got some great deals.

    I'm glad your settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I for one am always glad to hear about what is happening with you!
    I can't believe the major upgrade in friends you already have. I have never been on National news for cooking - not to say that it will never happen... heheheh
    But see?
    God is good!
    You already have a couple of Martha Stewart friends!!
    I still miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with my sis. I think I would make a good prison Martha, though... I hope that comes across in as bad of taste I meant it. I actually like Martha Stewart.

    ReplyDelete