Friday, November 30, 2007

Sonogram Today

We had a sonogram today. It was good timing as far as I'm concerned because I needed something to help me be excited about this little one. It's not that I don't love him - that's never been the case - I just wish I could keep him in there another year or so to give Aulora some more time to grow up. (Yes, I would be willing to be pregnant for another year.) My hands are so full as it is and it's scary to think that we're about to add a newborn to the picture. I can only hope that he is as easy going as Aulora has always been. After she was born, I got a lot of sleep and plenty done because she slept so much. It was almost like not having a baby. So maybe by the time he's not sleeping so much, Aulora will be a little more independent and all will be well.

It was good to see his face, seemingly looking right at us. Seeing two arms and two legs was reassuring, as I had been having thoughts lately about what I would do if he was born with only one leg or arm. There was also plenty of amniotic fluid, which is good since Aulora had to come early because there wasn't enough fluid. We saw definite boy parts again, so Joshua Clay Sullivan it will be. He will be at least the fourth generation to carry the name Clay on John's side.

He measured about 9 days ahead of my due date. Is he big? Is my due date off? We don't know. If I have to have a c-section, it will be scheduled a week and a half before my due date also. So the bottom line is that I'm feeling the pressure to get things ready. There's so much to do and I don't have much control over most of it. I have to be patient and wait until bunk beds can be put up and baby beds assembled and things brought out of storage. But John promised he would do it when this semester if over in about 10 days. So yea! The hold up hasn't been him, but other things. Yet we decided today that the other things would have to be overlooked before long because it HAS to be done so we can be ready.

After the sonogram appointment, John and I shared lunch at On The Border (a restaurant we really missed living in SA) and then walked through the mall for a little while holding hands. It was nice, except for the stylish shoes I was wearing. They look much better than they feel. I even wore my hair down today (quite the rarity) so walking around the mall just had to happen.
=)

That's all I've got......

7 comments:

  1. glad to have a blog letting us know how your doing. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always pick out such cute names for your babies! I'll always watch Aulora and Julia and John-David for you even though you are 5 hrs away =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say it was a lot hard to get excited about my second baby b/c the first was still a baby at the time. Make sure you get a sling. You'll be hands free that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, if you happen to read this I wanted to let you know that I can't get to your blog. =( I don't have it bookmarked now that we've moved and I don't know how else to find it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://wendy-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's gonna be so adorable! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a beautiful name. and yea for walking at the mall holding hands. that is one of my favorite things to do.

    hope you are all well. i'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete