Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter 2010

We did Easter all by ourselves this year. No grandparents in sight. I was sad we couldn't be together, but I felt so grown up at the same time! (You would think I would feel grown up by now. Good grief.)

Julia and Aulora had matching dresses.
(of course)

John David and Joshua coordinated in pink, black and grey.
(John David was NOT pleased about the pink. Life goes on.)


Yea! I got in a picture!


My three handsome men.
(Joshua did not enjoy the tree so much, hence the lack of smiling.)


After changing clothes we had a hunt.


There were a few eggs out there (which only Joshua and Aulora were allowed to get), but they mostly hunted.......


Peanuts! Yellow and pink painted peanuts!


Something different, a little quirky, and memorable I think. The beginning of a tradition. A peanut hunt!



When the hunt was over the kids traded in their peanuts for one "Reester Bunny" each. It's a Reese's Peanut Butter Bunny and they were beyond happy.

While we were taking pictures and hunting peanuts our lunch was in the oven. We ate chicken spaghetti and salad and french bread (no ham here!) and then homemade pound cake with strawberries and ice cream for dessert.

It was a wonderful Easter and I think I'm officially grown now. Boo.

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness! Everyone is so big, and John David looks like he's thirteen or fourteen in that picture of him and Joshua! Slow dowwnnnnn...

    Pretty family!

    ReplyDelete