Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Spring

I've lived almost all my life in Texas so being this far north is something really different and new. And wonderful! Texas really only has summer and winter (if you want to call it that) and they switch so fast that you don't get to enjoy the transition.

There are four very definite seasons here and I have loved every one of them so far. Spring has been amazing. After enduring the most winter I've ever lived in, going outside in 60 or 70 degree weather is incredible. I've never been so happy about every little bud on the trees or seeing all the bushes bloom. And then there's my bulbs I planted in the fall. They are all coming up and it's just amazing.

Julia picked a flower and found it had a lady bug on it.


Some of the daffodils from the bulbs that I planted months ago.
(Me! I did that!)


I love the purple and yellow together in my hanging basket under the tree.


Aren't these yellow blooms gorgeous?
(I brought some in the house today. I'll post a picture of that later.)


More daffodils. I'm thinking about naming every one of them, I'm just so in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment