Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Pets

We got a pet.
More specifically, John David got a pet.
Two pets.
Of the amphibian variety.


I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I gave the okay for this purchase. He waited for months for the night time temperatures to be warm enough so he could get these two tadpoles in the mail. Do you know how creepy it is to know something in your mail is alive???

The tadpoles reside in their Star Wars frog habitat. You can't really see them in this picture but they're in the water part in the bottom. For awhile they lived on my kitchen counter (lovely) but Momma couldn't take it any longer. To the boy's bedroom they went.

They will, at some, point turn into "frog-lets". I can't wait for that day since that's when we get to start feeding them live crickets. Do I mention live ones? As in, we have to drive across town to the pet store and buy the smallest ones they have and then drive back home with them in the car hoping they don't get out and crawl up our legs.

Can't wait.



In the future I plan to think through these things a little more before saying okay.
What is it they say? Hindsight is 20/20?
Sigh....

5 comments:

  1. Ewww those frog-lets are gonna end up in little sisters' beds. I know how little boys are and I'm a lil sister so you better be prepared for screams! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now dread my future with a household a boys. Frogs are sure to be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!
    He is so grown up!

    Where on earth did you find a Star Wars Amphibian home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith wants a frog sooo bad. I will prob ask you once it is full grown how big of a mess it makes.

    ReplyDelete