Monday, September 13, 2010

Legally Blind


Poor baby, she inherited my eye sight. Her teacher and I both noticed around the same time that Julia was having a hard time seeing. I scheduled an eye doctor appointment for both her and John David and within a week she had glasses. (John David had to get reading glasses but since he does all his school work in his room we rarely see them on him.)

I let her pick the frames she wanted because I wanted her to love them and wear them all the time. (I hated my glasses as a kid and didn't wear them nearly as much as I should have.) I really like some pink frames that were a bit more chunky and fashionable, but she decided on this pair. Her decision was probably much more practical anyway since these will match anything she wears. And doesn't she look so smart? And cute??? =)

Just for laughs, here's a picture of me when I was one year older than Julia is now. My mom insists these glasses were fashionable at the time. I'm not so sure....


4 comments:

  1. They look really cute on her!
    Is that a pig on your lapel??? It's cute...just wondering if there is a story behind it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wait...maybe it's a puppy dog......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ree, you were right the first time - it's a pig. I wish there was a great story behind it, but there's not. I was just that cool. =)

    ReplyDelete