Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My "Handy" Man



We are sleep deprived and sore due to the many, many hours of work we've been doing on our house getting it ready to sell. We were to the point of exhaustion (actually, quite past that point) last night and on our way to being delirious.

As I was painting in the kitchen, I heard a weird noise and then John was hollering, "La! Come quick! Help me!" I'm laughing now just thinking about it. I ran into the den and there he was, standing on the computer chair, covered in spray acoustic for the ceiling. Well, it was supposed to be for the ceiling anyway. It ended up on him and the floor and everything else that wasn't lucky enough to be under the drop cloth. We both just stood frozen, looking at the mess, not quite knowing what to do. I decided the first thing I should do was get my camera so we would never forget this funny moment. It was a mess to clean up but the laughter carried us through the rest of the night.

(I should add that the pictures don't really convey the full extent of the mess. There were little white droplets of that stupid mud stuff everywhere.)

No comments:

Post a Comment