Friday, June 22, 2007

The number of the day is.......

2! In 2 days we will leave for Colorado to see my family! Yea!!! I haven't been to their wonderful house since last summer, so it's definitely time. The calendar of all the fun things we will do during our visit is hanging on the wall in front of me. Check it out - we're going white water rafting at night with night vision gear so you can see all the wildlife. How cool is that???

I can't wait to be picked up in their car and driven to their house while looking at all the gorgeous mountains. I can't wait to sit on the deck my dad built and eat the steak he's going to grill for us. It's going to be great to watch the kids play with all the thousands of awesome toys my mom has just for them. I am ecstatically waiting to sleep in "The Lala" bed - THE most comfortable bed ever that is mine whenever we are there. I can't wait to use my mom's luxury bathroom! My toes want to feel their short shag carpet and the rest of my body wants to stretch across the big long couch. And my cat! I'm going to see my cat that I got when I was 13 years old. It's never worked out for me to have her since I've been married. =( I'm coming Poppy!!!

And obviously, I can't wait to see my mom and my dad. It's so hard living so far away from them for so long. Almost 7 years we've lived apart! One day, we WILL live close by.

There's so much I miss. I try to not think about all these things normally so I don't cry, but since I'm going.......I'm thinking about it!

Expect some posts with pictures and stories of all the good times soon.........

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could go with you! Maybe no one would notice if my entourage and myself just 'slipped' into your van...
    We'd even pack light! That was probably an atrocious thing to say... Have fun my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaaa! I miss my mommy too! I've lived away from my parents for 15 yrs now. And I still feel like I'm 16 again when ever I visit. Kinda weird...but I enjoy our visits and my mom & I have become good friends! And of course, the boys love being spoiled rotten while we're there...Maybe there's a reason we don't live too close to each other :)
    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, it sounds like you are going to have such a wonderful time at your parents. i hope it is as relaxing and wonderful as you hope it to be.

    and yes, la, you may come and stretch out on my couch anytime you like. just don't expect me to do the cooking! ;)

    ReplyDelete