Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Poor Floors

I just thought I would lament for a moment over my wannabe beautiful floors. In the last week they have had pink yogurt, chocolate milk, and red kool-aide spilled on them. They also survived the destruction of a wiggly headband decorated with thousands of little shiny red strings, and just this morning, a popcorn "fight". Yes - popcorn ALL over my living room floor. It was beautiful. Even more beautiful was watching the two culprits pick every single piece up.

And this is in spite of my rule that no food or drinks go on the carpet without my permission. It's just not working. I think our next house should be carpet free. For sure.

What was I thinking getting off-white carpet??? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.....

3 comments:

  1. That's what I thought so we went with the laminate wood. It has it's own source of problems. The scratches, the hard surface. It doesn't hide dirt very well(it needs swept constantly). I don't really like the look of tile in the living room, but I may do it in our next house. It would be trouble free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had it all - carpet, tile, lino & wood. It doesn't matter. As long as you have kids, there's going to be spills. And yes, it will be the RED kool-aid! My advice, hire a maid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. please have this behavior under control no later than 6/25/07. :-)

    ReplyDelete