Sunday, December 09, 2007

Fajitas, Musical, No Good Mommy, Lefty, Sicko, and in Need of a Stick

I ate fajitas from Pappasitos for dinner tonight. They were leftovers brought back to me, yet they are still blogworthy. Still, my next meal from there better be in person. I think we are going there for the holidays. I'm finding it hard to contain myself already. =) If you have never eaten at Pappasitos, you need to drive to Arlington and do it. It's worth it - I promise.

On another note, the kids' Christmas musical was tonight. I don't have any pictures yet, but I'll try to post some soon. They were SO cute and we loved seeing them do there thing. The weather was kind of icy and rainy, but there was still a wonderful turn out. I just got them in bed less than 20 minutes ago - it's 10:10 now. They were just a little wound up =) I plan to let John David sleep until he wakes up in the morning anyway since he's sick. Even then I may or may not take him to school. We'll see.

I think perhaps my mommy senses are getting duller. Apparently, Julia fell out of bed last night and cried and cried for me (in the very next room) and I didn't even hear her. I also didn't hear when Stormy (an 18 year old girl who lives here too) came in to get me and called my name over and over. This next baby better have some good lungs or he won't get fed at night. =) Poor little guy.

Julia has learned to write her name. She's made J's for a long time now, but this week she began writing her whole name. She kept writing from right to left though and I was concerned about what that might mean. After talking to Kara (my sister-in-law who is a teacher) I realized that it was because she is left handed. So I followed some advice she gave me where I drew some animal on the left and its home on the right with an arrow pointing to the home (which Julia thought was soooo much fun) and voila! She can write her name! It won't be long before we're working on reading and I can't wait. John David has really begun to love reading (thank you Book It!) and I know Julia will too.

Aulora woke up sick today so we didn't go to church this morning. I will probably have to take her to the doctor tomorrow because I'm afraid she's getting strep throat. It's hard to keep everyone well when this many people are in one house. Stuff really gets passed around.

That's probably way too much for one post. I obviously have not had the chance to get all my words out today. =) I should go find a stick to talk to.......

4 comments:

  1. Another round of the 'yucks' huh?
    I wish you guys could kick this sick thing!!
    I bet the program was awesomeness!
    I wish I could have seen Little.
    You don't always think about the little things that are so cute about people until you don't get your regular dose of them.
    I miss Little and how very excited he gets about stuff.
    The way he pauses and gasps for air when he gets really excited...
    So cute! I just love that little guy.
    And Julia's a lefty, huh? I can hardly wait to see what Shan has to say about THAT!! ;)
    Aulora's getting the gunk too?
    Here's to hoping you are able to skip this go around...
    You are so close to delivery - please tell me as soon as you know something about when you're having him. I know with you it can be hard to predict - but on the off chance you do know... I would like to see if Chris can take a vacation so I could come up to help you for a few days. (If that sounds like 'help')
    I guess I should have blogged a response to your blog!!
    I miss you and love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a pet rock =) I hope the babies start to feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this. Thanks for the info. Hope you guys start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew Julia was left-handed like her adopted aunt. She got it from me... just to annoy John! You gotta love it.

    I will say that when you work with her on writing, stand behind her and try to use your left hand instead of being across from her using your right. This may help her not twist her wrist too much. It's really important that she not learn the wrong hand position at the very beginning. I'm one of the few lefties I have met that don't twist and contort to write. This may have something to do with the special ed start. I may have had an advantage. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete