Sunday, June 21, 2009

Moving On

We just returned from a week in Indiana where we searched high and low for the perfect house to buy. I'm happy to say we were successful! God certainly blessed us and guided us. We just happened to check listings one last time before heading out to see the last couple of choices with our realtor and a new listing popped up. It had been listed just then and didn't even have all the photos, but our realtor knew the neighborhood and said it was a great area and immediately set up a showing for us.

We were the first ones to see it and we loved it! Even so, we decided to sleep on it and go back to see one other house before making a decision. Not so smart to wait (we didn't realize just how great the deal was at the time) but even so, we got our offer in just minutes before several other offers started coming in. One offer was even $10,000 more than ours but the owners liked us and the kids and they wanted our family to have the house. They are a super sweet older couple who are downsizing to an apartment.

I'm not so sad to leave my home now, because I really love our new house. Thank you, Jesus, for helping us find something we love!

By the way, if you have a blog that I normally comment on and you haven't heard from me in a while, it may be because I no longer have your blog address on the computer I'm having to use for now. Or it might just be because I'm busy packing boxes. Either way, in a month or so I'll have my own computer again and my comment love will resume. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for yall! Now that is what I call favor from God! Yall are a blessing everywhere yall go and you let HIS light shine so bright.

    ReplyDelete