Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm a Smart One!

Last night Julia came into the living room where I was and held out her Hello Kitty stuffed toy to me. She had the saddest little face and her lip was quivering as she told me that Hello Kitty's bow had fallen off and Hello Kitty really needed her bow. "Can you fix her, Mommy?" I reached out and took Hello Kitty and tried to comfort Julia, since I really didn't think I could attach the bow very easily. She was somewhat consoled and began to play with something else. I looked at Hello Kitty and saw that with a little effort I could probably fix her. Within a couple minutes I did it and called Julia over to me. I held up Hello Kitty for her to see and she immediately hugged her and expressed her great love for Hello Kitty. After their little reunion Julia looked at me and said, "I knew you could do it, Mommy! Oh, thank you, thank you! Oh! You did it! I knew you could do it 'cause [here she reaches up and touches my nose] you're a smart one!" That one moment made my day. I was smiling from ear to ear because my little girl was proud of me. I'm still smiling now. What a great feeling.....

I hope my little girl will always be proud of me. I hope that on her first day of school she will proudly look back and blow me a kiss. I hope that when she reaches jr. high she won't be embarrassed to introduce me to her friends. And I hope that when she's all grown up we will be the best of friends. Now that would put a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment