Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In Case You Didn't Hear....

John's parents are moving to Tulsa. Clay took a job offer there and they'll be leaving very soon. Everyone, including them, is still a little shocked but Clay really feels like this is the right thing to do.

I say it stinks, but I don't get a vote. Not one that counts anyway.

All I know is that they keep moving away from us. I might get a complex.

I told the kids tonight. I kept it very basic and factual, hoping that they wouldn't really think too much about it. After all, if they did think about it there would be great mourning! They've lived with these grandparents for nearing a year now and have loved it. I kind of downplayed how far away they would be and emphasized how even when we lived in SA we still got to visit them often. They took the news very well, thankfully.

I, however, am still dealing with it.

Life is so very strange sometimes......

4 comments:

  1. :( again??

    hey, you're sloooowly migrating north...at this rate, you'll be here in Indiana by the time Aulora's a teenager! lol

    How's zach & steven taking it??? i'm not sure if their ambilical cords have been cut yet - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you move up there and they move again, you'll know.

    ReplyDelete