Monday, July 14, 2008

Blogging from Colorado

The kids and I arrived in Denver on Sunday, the 6th, and we've been having a great time. My parents both use laptops so I've found it hard to blog. But I just spied my dad's macbook sitting all by itself just calling my name so here I am.

We learned last year that a busy, jam-packed schedule of fun just doesn't work with so many kids. And that was with only 3 kids. Now that there are 4 we knew for sure that we had to keep it simple. So we've played games and watched old home videos (what a fun thing to do with your own kids!), we went indoor swimming and outdoor swimming, we went to a park and to a bounce house place, we saw Wall E. (or however you spell it - not that great a movie in my opinion) and ate popcorn. We went to church on Saturday night and slept in on Sunday morning. We crammed like sardines into the Mountaineer and drove to Bass Pro Shop and then ate at Cinzetti's. I mentioned that restaurant in my blog last year but it's worth mentioning again! Think Carino's or Olive Garden where everything they have is out for a buffet. (Not a golden corral type of buffet - fancier.) Then add a custom crepe chef and a gourmet dessert bar - godiva chocolate covered strawberries, ice cream case, bread pudding, and so many other yummy things that I don't want to embarrass myself by trying to spell. The only reason I didn't have to be rolled out of there was because I had children to take care of and they kept interrupting my eating efforts. =)

Aulora has been sick today so we are just staying home. My parents have TONS of movies that I haven't seen yet and then my dad bought 3 more this morning that I really want to see. Maybe today I'll finally get to see one. The problem has been that I can't just put Aulora in her bed and let her go to sleep on her own like I do at home. We have 2 pack and plays - one for Joshua and one for Aulora, but I learned on our first day here that she's too big for that. I'm still not sure if she fell out or climbed out but either way, out she was. So now I lay in my bed with her until she is sound asleep. Sometimes it's fast and other times, like Saturday night, it's over an hour. It's really eating up my nights. Oh well. She's a super "snuggle buddy".

I've got lots of pictures to post but those will have to wait. I'm kind of busy enjoying being here right now. Later, when I'm back in the scorching Texas sun, I'll put them up......

3 comments:

  1. poor Aulora! I hope she is better!
    I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Aulora is sick. Hope your "snuggle buddy" feels better soon!

    The description of that restaurant is making me hungry! The godiva chocolate covered strawberries sound SO good! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Yes, enjoy every moment of beautiful Co!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be in Colorado!

    I can't think of anything I'd like more than to have a playdate with my favorite mommy friend... :(

    ReplyDelete