Thursday, July 03, 2008

Jumbled Thoughts from My Spaghetti Brain

  • Happy Birthday, Johnny! You're my favorite and I love you. =)
  • We had a birthday feast tonight - steak, sausage, grilled tilapia with mango salsa, baked potatoes, feta cheese salad, grilled vegetables, homemade banana ice cream and pound cake. Wow! There was so much and it was SO good!
  • I'll have you know that Mimi makes the BEST pound cake you've ever eaten in you life. Seriously, it's good. I was pretty glad I wasn't doing Choose to Lose when it was dessert time tonight!
  • I took all four kids to Walmart today. I dropped the van in the back for an oil change and then we trooped in using the double stroller for the babies and a basket pushed by John David for Julia and the groceries. This whole idea would have been great if I had thought about it being the day before a holiday. I seriously needed some blood pressure medication from the pharmacy when it was time to leave.
  • To make it worse, this was the SECOND day in a row that the eye doctor's office was randomly closed for a long period. They decided to close for TWO hours today. I REALLY need to pick up my contacts and the prescription they have for me. My contacts are in bad shape and I do NOT want to wear my glasses the whole time I'm in Colorado. (I should add that this is at a Walmart across town from us since the store close to our house doesn't have an eye doctor.) Very frustrating.
  • I went to see that house that's for sale. I like it a lot. Of course, it needs a new kitchen, new bathrooms, new fixtures, and new floors. But I like it. We need to run some numbers and figure some stuff out. John David's school is only 1 block away from it though and it's about a 1 minute drive from John's parents' house. The backyard would be perfect for letting the kids go out and play. It has a fireplace and a pantry. A PANTRY. Did I say already that I liked it? 'Cause I do.
  • The next two days will be filled with getting ready to go on our trip (!) and maybe some firecrackers here and there. I don't even know what we're doing for the 4th yet. I hope I get to go to Dillards for the massive sale they have right now. It started Wednesday morning and I still haven't gone. Now I'm not sure if there will be much stuff left. Hmmmm.....I have to decide if it's worth risking the trouble of taking the babies. I do like to shop though.
  • On second thought, I'd rather have a house.
  • I do need clothes though.
  • and shoes.
  • and a belt. I want a sparkley belt.
  • although, a spakley belt would look better once I'm not my current size.
  • Crud. I should be out jogging instead of blogging.
  • That's it! I'll go to Dillards and get jogging shoes. Then, tomorrow I can go jogging instead of blogging.
  • I can feel my brain shutting down now (and I'm sure anyone reading this can sense it happening too) so I'm heading to bed........

3 comments:

  1. I want a sparkley belt too!! :)

    Great thoughts!! I have a meatloaf brain!!

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Dillards sale everywhere. To bad we can't jog together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe I missed that sale! Did you get to go? Good luck with the house!!! :)

    ReplyDelete