Monday, July 21, 2008

Still a Blogger

I think once you stop blogging for awhile, it's hard to get back in the groove. It seems like I have tons to say but nothing I feel like putting in a post. We're still out west, enjoying a break from the intense heat of Texas. Instead we're getting a taste of intense heat in Colorado, which thankfully, isn't near as bad. 

All this past week we've been fighting sick stuff. It started with Aulora. I was changing her diaper last Sunday morning and without warning she starting throwing up everywhere. She was laying down so you can imagine what a mess that was. For three days she was sick with that bug. Then Julia got a yucky cold. When she was done with her cold she traded Aulora for the sick bug. Julia doesn't wear diapers anymore (although sometimes I think she should) so we enjoyed her throw up debut in the middle of the disney store at the mall. And now Aulora has the yucky cold plus a horrible sounding cough. I really need a can of Lysol. 

I got my hair cut on Friday at an Aveda salon. I LOVE Aveda! If you've never smelled and used their stuff then you need to. I didn't bring all of my hair "tools" so I'm having a hard time doing it but it's definitely a great cut. 

My mom cooked a Martha Stewart worthy lunch yesterday. Homemade chicken strips, fried pork chops, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, and whole green beans. Oh, and some awesome rolls. She doesn't cook very much anymore because she works a lot, but every once in a while she'll make a big meal just to remind my dad and brother that she can. They don't mind the reminder. =)

I got up the other morning at about 6:00 and actually had some time to watch a movie. It's pretty sad when that's the only chance you have to watch a movie. I still enjoyed it though. You want to know what movie it was? Well, this is even more pathetic - "The Pursuit of Happyness". Do you know how long that movie has been out? I have wanted to watch that forever and haven't had the time. And YES, that is how the title is spelled. 

It's now 11:20 here and Joshua is still asleep. He's been sleeping since 9:00 last night, with the exception of an early morning bottle in my bed. I've gone in a number of times just to make sure he's still alive. Obviously, he is or I wouldn't be sitting here blogging.

Two nights ago, Aulora was getting over her stomach bug and developing her cough. She threw up in the bed (that she was sharing with me) at about midnight. I cleaned up and we went back to sleep. The rest of the night every time she coughed (which was often) I sat up in a panic thinking that she was about to throw up on me again. I was soooo well rested the next morning. 

Okay, I'm going to get my boy. I can't take it any more.......

2 comments:

  1. eeewwwww... that's why i always carry a change of clothes for the kids with me. ya never know.... lol

    hopefully ya'll get over it before you need to get back on the plane to tx.... now that would be something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know if you are a blogger anymore, 2 posts all month Lori- you're slacking! :)
    P.S. this post makes me not want to have children. :P

    ReplyDelete