Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Unpacking, laundry, and dreaming of a house (still) - All very exciting stuff, I assure you

I'm still buried under laundry....(When you don't live in your own house, you don't have your own washer all to yourself. You have to wait until you can squeeze in the cycle.) I finally got my first load going a few moments ago. Yea!

The suitcases are almost all unpacked and put away. I lack only one small duffel bag. I've been slow because I woke up yesterday with an eye infection of some sort. Which means, not only have I been "slow as a healing scab" (as my son likes to say), I've also been having to wear my super hot and sexy glasses. That was totally meant sarcastically. My medicine is working though so by tonight or tomorrow I'll be back to my super model self! Again, sarcastic. ;)

We went to see that house on Sunday. Even though our realtor got there early to try to cool it down some it was so very, very hot in there. We're breaking heat records here in the falls, you know. 109 yesterday. My little (I wish) body is in shock since we were just in lovely Colorado. If I had the money, I would fly right back. Oh, back to the point. The house. We saw it along with John's brother and wife and Clay and Sandy. It was nice to hear all of their ideas too. The heat was melting John's brain though and I guess he still hasn't recovered because he's unable to process anything regarding the whole idea of buying and remodeling it. I've looked at it and estimated the cost of everything we would need to do, padded that number and can see that it will be a good investment and we can indeed make money. I vote yes. John, on the other hand, feels the need to have a VERY detailed plan prepared before moving forward. Detailed, as in, exactly which fixtures we will buy and what color paint will be on every square inch. Well, that's great except that while we're figuring all of that out, someone else will be signing the papers.

I think he's mostly stuck on the master bedroom closet. It's small. Did I say small? I meant small.

We had that problem in our last house and we were able to make it a huge walk-in closet. So far, the perfect solution has eluded us here though. There are options, just not perfect ones. Soooo, we'll see. If we don't get that house, we'll find something else. A house to buy, a house to rent, or even a big apartment or town house. This momma needs her own place! =)

I've got more to say but the kitchen needs me. So off I go......



5 comments:

  1. You know there are always nice houses in San Angelo to buy...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeewww...I have "house hunting". And as much as we move, buying a house just isn't economical. But we've found a great duplex subdivision. It has 3 beds, 2 full baths, 2 car garage, no outside maintenance, and was very reasonable for the amount of space. (1800 sqft.)

    I'd keep looking though. A woman NEEDS her closet space! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. correction: eeewww...I HATE "house hunting." lol ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concerning your comment: Thank you for doing your part! All your kiddo's future teachers thank you. You're a good mama :)

    I am glad that you did not allow the ADHD testing. I am so against ADD/ADHD I could scream (obviously).

    *sigh. I wish stupid people would quit making babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note: That is not to say that kids with ADD/ADHD have stupid parents. Just making that clear. Like you, I just wish we could come up with alternative methods of fixing problems other than medication. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete