Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Mini-Dallas-Vacation

I know it's late in coming, but that's just the way I'm rolling these days. We had a great time on our little mini-vacation in Dallas. It was awesome to only have the older two kids! Staying in a hotel was actually enjoyable - not a huge drag like it usually is with the babies. And you just can't beat that Embassy Suites breakfast every morning! We ate until we were stuffed every day and then didn't need to eat again until late afternoon. It really saved a lot of money on food.

We did go to the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art, but they don't allow any photography inside. This photo taking mama was sad. It was very interesting, but not really as great as I thought it would be. King Tut is not actually there because they won't let him leave the Valley of the Kings. (or something like that.)

After the Tut let down, we went over to the rest of the museum. There was a tunnel you walk through and when you get to the end you are in a big room with a special kind of light that eliminates all color! It was so strange! I kept thinking of Julia's Care Bear movie where an evil villain takes away the color. Or maybe that's Strawberry Shortcake. Who can keep up?

We also went to the Reunion Tower only to find out that it's been closed for months for remodeling. We went up the elevator for the adjoining Hyatt hotel, but it didn't go up as high. It was still cool though.

I took the kids to see Bolt at North Park Mall. I was really tired and kept falling asleep (hey, it was a dark room and my rear was parked in a comfy chair. what can I say?) so I'm probably not the best person to give a review. The kids liked it a lot though.

Rain Forrest Cafe was fun since the kids had never been before. John David really wanted that volcano dessert, but as it was $15, I talked him into getting a smoothie instead. Well, dumb me. By the time we all got our dessert of choice, (Daddy - chocolate covered banana and strawberry, Me - sliver, yes SLIVER, I promise!, of fudge, John David - smoothie, Julia - dippin' dots) it cost even more than the volcano. Oh well. It was fun.

We got to visit my grandma and she surprised the kids with early Christmas presents.

We ate at Pappasitos - yummy, yummy, yummy! Is there a reason why that restaurant is not in every city across America? It should be.

And for the record, I tried to be in a picture. I gave John the camera and said, "Take my picture so everyone will know I was here too!" I held the kids and smiled. It was all for nothing though. My wonderful, extremely intelligent man could not figure out my little camera. So you'll just have to take my word for it - I WAS THERE.

One more thing: while I totally LOVE my squishie little babies, it's going to be so great one day when they are all a little older and we can go and do things again without great difficulty. Oh, and I'll be able to take a nap too. Oh yeah....

(these pictures were all taken with my old, not so great anymore camera. thankfully, my new charger has arrived for my good camera so no one will be forced to endure pictures like these again.)

1 comment: