Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Closet and Jewelry Help



One day I'll (hopefully) have my dream closet:



but in the meantime I have to be creative. I don't have a lot of room, there's not a lot of money, and there are a lot of little children around to get into things within their reach. Bottom line, I may not be in love with how it looks, but I have to do what works.

First off, although I don't have a huge jewelry collection, I do have one. There's no way the little I have would be safe if my little girls even thought they could reach it. (See here, here, here or here if you don't believe me. They're just stinkin' mischievous, I'm telling you.) So I put a bulletin board way up in my closet to hang my stuff on.


My necklaces and bracelets don't get tangled and I can actually see what I have so I don't forget about things. Some of my earrings go on the board, but I put a lot of them in that silver dish underneath the board.


I also put this shelf in my closet. We used it for books in our last house and I was about to sell it on Craigslist when I thought it might be great in my closet. I love it! The top shelf holds my underthings and the other shelves hold shoes and scarves and gloves. I frequently see these same type of shelves on Craigslist for much less than buying one new.


It's not the perfect closet design, but it was next to free and it works for me! Go to We Are THAT Family for other tips and tricks that work for other bloggers....

Here are my other Works For Me Wednesday posts....


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I never would have thought of a cork board! An idea I came up with my oodles of earrings was to buy a plastic canvas for cross stitching (I don't even think 1 piece at Walmart was $1) and I tied a long piece of pretty ribbon through one of the holes on each side to hang it. You could literally get hundreds of pairs of earrings on one piece and they are all nicely displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. it's nice to see other people with crazy jewelry storage. you know those things that guys hang their baseball caps on? that's what i have my necklaces on.

    ReplyDelete