Saturday, January 23, 2010

Picture From the Past

We inherited a lot of old papers with our house. Some of them date back to the early 50's and are receipts for work done on the house and there are all the plans for landscaping and for the addition to the back. There, with all those papers, I found this old picture. There wasn't a date on it so I can only guess when it was taken.


Do you see the big antenna on the roof? And the little holey walls on the porch are nice. There's a basketball goal that's no longer there and the garage door is different. The landscaping is totally different. This must have been taken before the original owners paid a landscaping company to change things up.

This picture has been hanging on our refrigerator. I don't know why, but I'm mesmerized. I like to look at it and wonder what it was like inside and who lived there. We have all their names and even some personal information. Maybe I should do some internet sleuthing just for fun?




1 comment:

  1. I'd be so intrigued to know the history of my house. I pretend little girls lived here at one time.

    ReplyDelete