Monday, March 23, 2009

Mad Dog Disease

I just spent the last hour getting pictures off of my camera and sorting them into their correct folders. I still haven't even gotten to my second camera yet! Ahhhhh! I have tons of pictures from our trip to Tulsa and a side trip John and John David made to a family member's farm. Just the other day I discovered that I also have gobs of stuff on my second camera that I forgot about. We're talking the kids' fall costumes, birthday stuff, and I don't even know what else.

What saddens me right now is that I don't have time to edit and post anything. So for now, I'll leave you with this:



Do you recognize this picture? It's from the Dr. Suess book Go Dog, Go. My mom grew up loving that book and she passed that love on to me. I've now shared with my own kids and it's a favorite for sure. One of the first times I read this with John David (it's been quite a while, but I didn't have a way to post a picture of the page) we spent a long time just studying this page. It was fun to look at what all the different dogs were doing.

Do you see the white dog towards the center of the layout? The one opening presents? When John David saw that dog he noticed that the dog looked kind of mad. I agreed that he did indeed look mad. John David then said, "Yeah, he's probably just mad 'cause he got clothes or underwear in his present." I'll never forget that. It was just so "John David".

No comments:

Post a Comment