I do love the way a made bed looks, no doubt about it. My day is much more productive and I'm generally in a better mood. And I used to think a made bed feels so much better to get into at night. And that's where the problem lies. I now think an already-slept-in bed is oh so much more comfortable to get in.
So do I:
- not ever make my bed again (unless company is coming!) and enjoy the comfy feel of falling into it at night?
- make my bed every morning as usual and then thrash about in the covers and with the pillows to simulate that slept in feel?
- go with a weekday/weekend thing where I make the bed Monday-Friday and on Saturday-Sunday go all sloth like?
I found a list of 10 reasons to make your bed on another blog. Not really anything I didn't already know though.
Here are some stats for you:
- 45% of people make their bed everyday
- 50% of people make their bed occasionally
- 5% of people never do
This is not a laziness thing for me, because seriously, you can make your bed in 2 minutes or less right? It's purely a comfort thing. But the experts seem to disagree with me. Those Zen and Feng Shui people say you will sleep much more restfully if you get into a neatly made bed.
I'm pretty certain that my neatness lovin' self will win out and the bed will continue to be made every day, but.......maybe I should sleep on it. ;)
What do you think?