Saturday, May 24, 2008

Picking Strawberries



Last weekend we went to an orchard just outside of town to pick strawberries. It was such a great experience! It made me want to live on the farm and have a big garden. =) I think we all enjoyed ourselves, but Aulora had the most fun. She LOVED eating strawberries - leaves and all! Daddy was worried she was going to have quite the stomach ache but she did fine. Funny thing is, she never wanted to eat a strawberry before that day and she hasn't touched one since. I guess it was just a lot of fun to eat something off the ground! We also got to eat lots of pecans. Daddy sat under a shade tree with Joshua and shelled them for us and we would trade him good strawberries when we found them so everyone was happy. John David was multi-tasking since he was hunting both strawberries and a "weta beetle". I think that's what it's called. He saw a picture of one at school and has been obsessed. It's a beetle the size of your hand - so gross! I'm glad he only found strawberries. =)

We ate at Cracker Barrel after the orchard and that night we grilled chicken at home along with John's parents and made homemade strawberry ice cream. Soooo good!!!

Next month blackberries will be ready for picking. I wonder if I can talk anyone into taking me again.......

2 comments:

  1. Weren't those straberries the best! Julia looked like she had a good time. We will be going back in a couple of weeks to pick the blackberries, we love them too! I will let you know when we go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man why doesn't SA have anything fun like that. What great memories.

    ReplyDelete