Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Scary Night

I was nursing Joshua to sleep tonight and had the girls in their room watching a video to keep them occupied and quiet. Just as I got him to sleep, there was a horrible crash. I ran to their room and found Aulora under the chest and Julia under the big tv. I put Joshua on the floor and quickly tried to get them out. John's dad was there within a few more moments and he helped move the tv. It was VERY heavy. The girls were both crying so hard and I thought for sure they were going to be hurt badly. They both ended up with knots on their heads and Julia has a smashed nose and cheek too. Maybe a black eye or two also. We'll see in the morning. I'm so incredibly thankful that's all that happened though. They could have been killed! Angels were watching them, I know.

Apparently, Aulora was climbing on the drawers and that's what caused the crash. I never thought those wall anchors were necessary, but I bet you can guess what I'll be buying this week. Please, please, please make sure your kids are safe too. Don't wait for an accident to happen. =(

Afterwards, as I was holding both of them on the floor and rocking back and forth, Julia was still crying and kept saying to me, "You should have been there! You should have been watching us!" It was breaking my heart. I told her that I couldn't always be right beside her to watch over her and that was why I always ask Jesus to watch her and send angels to protect her too. I know there are going to be so many times in their sweet lives that I can't protect them the way I want to. How wonderful to know that even when Mommy or Daddy aren't there, Jesus is.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they are okay, that is very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad everyone is o.k. I know it is very scary when you think they are safe in your own home and then something happens. Praise the Lord that He is always there watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whew! glad ya'll are ok!! poor julia! :(

    maybe the girls can watch tv in the same room with u while u take care of J. I know things are crowded but ... Satan will take every opportunity he's given!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, jesus! that is so scary! my heart was racing as i was reading that...to think that something like that could happen terrifies me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God for our guarding angels.
    I can think of soooo many times that the angels were there for my children!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.
    God is good.
    I'm so glad your girls are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, that is so scary. Thank you Jesus for your protection over our babies. I'm having david bolt the shelf to the wall in the laundry room asap.

    ReplyDelete