Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter 2008 Part One



We had our egg hunt with my family at the park this year. "Peter Cotton Candy" (as Julia calls him), aka my dad and brother, went to the park early to hide the eggs. The first round of hunting was just for the kids. Notice the awesome easter baskets they sported. =) Can you tell we were traveling? Their eggs were empty so after the hunt they counted them up and won money for them. Later we took a trip to Toys 'R' Us to pick out a prize with their egg money. Man, that's a cool store!

Anyway, for the second round John and I joined in. I teamed up with John David and John was with Julia. (Aulora just did her own thing as always.) Whichever team could gather the most eggs in the time given was the winner. We weren't allowed bags so we tucked in our shirts and stuffed them. My ankle was still hurt so I wasn't able to go terribly fast PLUS my super competitive husband decided it would be a good strategy to lurk behind me and every time I spotted eggs he would rush in before me and grab them. Oooohhhh, he made me mad. =) He claims I scratched his hand - I'm not so sure about that. But even if I did, I say he deserved it! Obviously, the cheater cheater pumpkin eater team won. No bitterness here. =)

Thanks for a fun egg hunt, Peter Cotton Candy......

1 comment:

  1. that is cool that u spend Easter w/ ur parents. Did yall fly or drive? The Easter Egg hunt yall had sounds fun! I think the money thing would beat candy any day!!

    ReplyDelete