Monday, March 10, 2008

Someone Hide the Scales!

When I was growing up, my birthday week was always so exciting. My mom would plan festivities for the whole week, everything from eating at favorite restaurants, breakfast in bed, presents every day, eating at Panchos and getting to pick out a free pinata, friends coming over, family coming over, and more I'm sure. She's the party queen! =)

I wish she was with me this week. Breakfast in bed sounds pretty nice! I did, however have a great birthday dinner tonight with the family. We did it early since John won't be here on Wednesday. Sandy cooked mexican food and Mimi brought rice, poundcake, and my personal favorite, blackberry cobbler with blue bell vanilla ice cream. Whoa, Nellie! Get the maternity pants back out! =0

My family gave me:
  • a pink A&M ball cap (I've been needing a cute hat for bad hair days - those happen a lot with 4 kids)
  • a brown and cream shirt with a matching necklace from The Buckle (I'm flattered by the size John bought - I'm pretty sure I'll need it bigger!)
  • a beautiful ivory lacy shirt that I want to take pictures in - the kind where my hair is fluttering behind me as I sit in a field of flowers holding my naked baby - can you see it? =)
  • Starbucks gift card - I'm drooling already
  • gift card to get a manicure and pedicure - very nice since I'll soon be in a wedding My kindred spirit is getting married!!!
  • a HUGE brown summer type bag filled with awesome bath stuff - they must have noticed my lack of bathing since adding another monkey to the mix
  • purse size Lysol!!! I've been waiting for them to make this! Woohoo!
  • a handmade card from my two oldest monkeys - "Happy Bithday" it says. Daddy had them make it together and it made for some lovely entertainment. (to be read sarcastically) John David kept drawing balloons and for some reason Julia did NOT want balloons so she kept making big X's on all of them. It wasn't funny then, but it makes me laugh now.
  • last but not least - Julia wrapped up a couple of her toys for me with Dora wrapping paper. I'm now the proud owner of a "Sweet Shop" play house and a green plastic necklace. Somebody come play with me!
Thank you, family! I love you all......

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, friend. You look great for your age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever see my La Birthday Blog? It was a little early (sometime last week).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, La!!!
    Have superwonderfantabulous day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Friend! I hope the day is as woderful as you!

    ReplyDelete