Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What I Learned at the Library Today

This afternoon I witnessed a frazzled mom trying to catch her toddler. She counted to three, she said please, she tried to grab her as she chased after her through the isles of books. Nothing worked. This child just kept running away from her poor mommy. I had to laugh to myself though when I heard her breathlessly say, "I'm going to spank you when I catch you!" Now why in the world would the child stop now? She only ran faster. hahaha

Note to self: Never threaten a running child with a spanking.

2 comments:

  1. lol - I can relate.

    I saw something similar at the zoo. A mom was chasing her 9yr old boy for quite a while around the water hole display. Being the good Samaritan, I snagged him as he ran by me. I told him that he should mind his mother as I dragged him over to her. I just politely asked the woman, "Does he belong to you?" You should've seen the look of relief & thank you on her face.

    I would expect the same help from others if mine ever "got away" from me. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have said, "Let's go get some ice cream!" Then when they came to me, I would say, "When your butt recovers."

    I wonder why God has not given me children... Oh, yeah! Cuz he's trying to get some guy to ask for directions. And... because the world might not be ready for children parented by me. HA!!

    ReplyDelete