Sunday, February 10, 2008

30 Times

As a result of complaining and arguing this morning, John David was given 30 sentences to write. He was not thrilled with this punishment (obviously) and I gave him the option of paying his way out. He has a coin jar that counts the money as it's put in so he has been saving up for awhile. I offered him a deal to pay $5 for each of his 10 sentences he was given - $15 total. I never dreamed he would take me up on this offer, but he did. Very eagerly, I might add. I tried to explain why that would be a poor choice, but his mind was made up. So he handed over his money and was quite happy.

I shared the story with Daddy later and he talked to John David. The boy changed his mind. The sentences were going to read "I will not argue or complain." John had a better idea though. So 30 times John David wrote, "I will not altercate or bellyache." I had to laugh. He's going to rock on his SAT vocab one day. =)

1 comment:

  1. boy are you in t-r-o-u-b-l-e!! lol ;) and he's only 7???? yikes!!!

    we're prayin' for ya! lol

    ReplyDelete