Thursday, February 28, 2008

We're Moving To Phoenix.....

Conversation from dinner time last night:


JD: I'm a maniac! I'm a madman! That's what I told my friend at school! Hahahaha! I'm a maniac!

Me: Hmmmmm. I guess you can't be an astronaut when you grow up then.

JD: Why not?

Me: Because maniacs can't be astronauts.

JD: Why not?

Me: Because they don't let maniacs fly in the space shuttles into outer space.

Julia: Well, I don't want to be an astronaut when I'm big because I might fall out of the space shuttle. I want to be a movie star. [flip hair dramatically over shoulder]

JD: You can't be a movie star because you don't live in Los Angeles. That's where all the famous people live. In Los Angeles, New York, and Phoenix. And Phoenix is in Arizona. So you can't be a movie star.

Julia: Well, I can drive there.

JD: No you can't.

Julia: Yes I can.

JD: No you can't.

Julia: Yes I can.

JD: No you can't.

Julia: Why not?

JD: Because it's really far away. You have to ride an airplane.

Julia: Oh. Well, I'll ride an airplane....because I'm going to be a movie star.

My two main observations about this are:

1. JD will NEVER be an astronaut because if you have ever seen him get dressed you know that he can't stand lots of clothes and things touching him. He has an actual medically documented thing called
tactile dysfunction. Hopefully he will grow out of it. I can only imagine him putting on a space suit though. It makes me laugh to picture it. He would definitely be a maniac! (John David, if you are an adult reading this, and you have indeed become an astronaut, I'm very proud of you. I knew you could do it! Now, how about some lotion?)

2. Julia wants to be a movie star? G-R-E-A-T. She could do it though. Miss Drama Queen of all time would win the Oscar for sure. I guess we'll have to pack up and move to Phoenix though. That is where the famous people live, you know.

3 comments:

  1. You're kids are stinkin' hilarious! I love to read about their latest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you're awake enough to post at 4:34 a.m... i'm barely getting my eyes open and it's 10:06...

    ReplyDelete