Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Harder Times

While changing endless diapers, nursing, picking up toys, keeping little arms out of the toilet, etc. is tiring and hard, we've definitely reached a harder point of parenthood. This must be the point where it starts being very helpful to have at least half a brain as a parent (preferably more). Children start having real problems (not huge, but real) and it's hard to know what to do all the time. John David had a hard day at school today. I knew it the moment he walked in the door. Apparently, everyone hates him and nobody at all wants to be his friend. It made me sad. =( We talked for quite a while and ended with big hugs and a prayer. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day for him. He's always marched to the beat of his own drum and that has often affected his friendships at school. I wish I could solve it and fix it for him, but I know I just have to help him. I love that boy......

5 comments:

  1. Aww that's sad! I hope things get better with John-David. I really wish I was there to help you! I really miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry he had a bad day. This too shall pass. Even though I know when your little time takes a lot longer. I will be praying for him also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry for JD. :(

    It is soooo important at this point to encourage him to be "who God has made him to be" than to change and be who his "friends" want him to be. And it's better to have no friends than to have the wrong friends. We went thru this with some neighborhood kids. It's tough, but he'll get thru it. :)

    We're praying for ya, John David!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is precious in our eyes.
    I wish it wasn't so tough to be a kid.

    ReplyDelete