Thursday, February 21, 2008

What Could Have Been

Yesterday I met a woman my age. On January 25th, she was in the same hospital as me, right down the hall, also delivering a baby. Her baby was a girl and never took a single breath. She was stillborn and the doctors didn't know why.

So now my arms are full (quite full) and hers are painfully empty. Why? Why her and not me?

The love and gratefulness for each of my children exploded in the moments following that chance encounter. Our Father in Heaven gives life where He sees fit and He has seen fit to bless us with four amazing little lives.

I hope and pray that the woman I met will someday soon find herself holding her own miracle. In the meantime, I thank her for helping me more fully love and appreciate my own.

1 comment:

  1. Situations like that have a way of putting our life into perspective. That is so sad.

    ReplyDelete