Monday, February 04, 2008

Some Quick Things

  • This is my first day drug-free.
  • Aulora has been napping for almost 4 hours now.
  • John David keeps waking up with horrible leg pains and cramps. Growing pains? He finally went to school this morning at about 10:30 because I got smart and told him he couldn't go to Judo tonight if he didn't go to school. It was amazing how fast those cramps went away.
  • Julia is learning to read. Little words like hat, big, leg, dog, cat. She's obsessed with writing her name on all the hundreds of pictures she draws. I tried to teach her to write her last name today too. It was a no go. The "v" was just too difficult for some reason. We'll try again tomorrow.
  • She's excited about the fact that she can now make hats on all the people she draws. I showed her how to draw one when we sounded out the word hat. She came back in a minute with a number of heads on the paper all with a different colored hat on. It was too cute.
  • I clipped Joshua's nails for the first time today. No blood. Good job, Mommy.
  • Aulora discovered fruit snacks last night. I don't know why they're called that. They aren't fruit and they certainly shouldn't be considered appropriate snacks for kids. But whatever. I still buy them all the time because choosing which character of fruit snacks we get is the highlight of Julia's life. So now Aulora is going to be in on it too. Great......
  • I heard on the news this morning that there will be a vaccine to prevent cavities within a couple of years. Cavities are not caused by too much sugar (sugar just helps them along once they are there). They are actually caused by bacteria that adults introduce to kids. Interesting. By the time my grandkids are born, they'll have to get 100's of vaccines. =(
  • The Lost premier was advertised as being TWO hours. It was actually only one hour of new stuff. I feel ripped off.
  • I went somewhere this morning for the first time since Joshua was born. It was just taking Little to school but it still felt nice.
  • I watched Rachel Ray today. I want to go to Walmart and cook dinner. Not sure that's a good idea on my first drug-free day.
  • All of my non-maternity clothes are in storage. They are in special boxes that are supposed to be easy to get to. But they aren't. In fact, they are apparently in such a hard to reach spot that John said he would rather buy me all new clothes than try to get it. Hmmmm....I wonder if he's totally serious. He underestimates my love of shopping and new clothes. Besides, the last time I checked the bank account, we weren't exactly rolling in the dough.
  • Aulora and Joshua are both crying now. Time to go........
Oops.....I think I should rename this post.............

3 comments:

  1. i felt betrayed when i realized that one whole hour of Lost was a recap! grrrrrr. still awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got "lost" watching lost almost a year ago, so we gave it up. but hey, that's what dvd's are for!

    I enjoy seeing Julia & JD with the new baby, but where is Aulora? Is she playing in the toilet again?? lol lol j/k! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo I wanna come visit on the weekend you buy all new clothes. Your personal sense of style, my friend, is still second to none!

    ReplyDelete