Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not So Very Smart

Today was going great and on schedule. Then, just a little before nap time, my brother in law called wanting us to go to my most favorite hibachi grill for lunch. I should have said no. But I couldn't resist. I figured Aulora's nap would just be delayed for about an hour or so. No big deal.

Wrong. We had lunch (which was fantastic and paid for by my super sweet younger BIL - still wondering if there's a catch!) and then came home. Aulora climbed into one of the riding toys outside before I could stop her so then we had to play outside for awhile. It was 3:15 before I put her down. That means she didn't wake up until 6:30. Which means I JUST NOW put her in bed at 11:30. Ughhhhh..... I'm so tired. I would have been tired anyway from taking 4 kids to church by myself, but now I ache. Oh well. I got to eat hibachi food and I'll even have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. It was worth it.

We spent the time tonight going through Julia's tubs of outgrown clothes that are now Aulora's size. We tried things on and had fun. She's now sleeping in Elmo pajamas. She's never had any before so she was super thrilled to put them on. It was also somewhat of a time warp for me to see Aulora in Julia's clothes, plus they all smelled like "our smell". I definitely know what our smell is (or was) now. Every time I open something that was stored or packed before we moved I smell it. I use pretty much the same detergent and softner now, the same fragrance things, the same perfume even - it's just gone. Will I ever get it back? =( I wonder what our new smell is?

A, I thought of you guys a lot too. There were a number of your little girl's things you gave us and so they smelled like your smell and our smell together! We should definitely market a candle scent. We would be stinkin' rich. =)

1 comment:

  1. I got no bug. I was very happy about that. I'm glad your bug did not last long. Some people had a similar one for a long time. I'm doing good.

    ReplyDelete